Visit Jen on MySpace for a schedule of shows you can attend
Jennifer Dziura is comedian who has performed in/at...
...and in NYC venues including Mo Pitkins, Caroline's on Broadway, The Improv (now Broadway Comedy Club), Stand Up New York, New York Comedy Club, The Comedy Cellar, The Comedy Village, Sal's Comedy Hole, Pianos, Galapagos, Collective Unconscious, The Marquee, Pete's Candy Store, the Cornelia St. Cafe, and Apocalypse Lounge.
- New York University, Columbia University, Indiana University (Bloomington), West Virginia University, Bowling Green State University (Ohio)
- Camp Arifjan, Kuwait; Camp Buehring, Kuwait; Camp L.S.A., Kuwait; Camp Virginia, Kuwait; Camp Patriot, Kuwait Naval Base; Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar; As Sayliyah, Qatar; Camp Lemonier, Djibouti, Africa; the U.S.S. Enterprise and the U.S.S. Gettysburg, 200 miles off the coast in the Persian Gulf; and Naval Support Activity, Bahrain, on a three-week Armed Forces Entertainment tour of the Middle East.
- The Boise (Idaho) Funny Bone; "Comedy, TN" in Memphis; Bear's Place in Bloomington, IN; One-Liners Comedy Club in Greenwood, IN; Barrel of Laughs Comedy Club in Findlay, OH
- The D.C. Arts Center (sold out show!), The Red & The Black (D.C.), The Hamilton Arts Collective in Baltimore, The 305 South Anti-Mall in Durham (NC), The Garage in Winston-Salem (N.C.), and The Boot in Norfolk, VA (sold out!)
- "The Tomorrow Show" in Los Angeles
- Fort Hamilton Army Base (Brooklyn)
- Ivy League Comedy at the Penn Club (New York) and at Penn's World Cafe Live (Philadelphia), and Ivy League Comedy "Uncensored" at the Broadway Comedy Club (NY)
- Zuzu/Middle East in Cambridge, MA
- Philadelphia's 215 Festival with Neal Pollack
- New York's Laughing Liberally comedy series (Host/Emcee)
Television: Jen has been filmed for Good Morning America (in a segment on adult spelling bees) and as an expert on "how to be witty on a date" on VH-1's "Can't Get a Date." She has also appeared on Brooklyn Cable Access Television and appears on TimeOut On-Demand cable with the Williamsburg Spelling Bee.
Audio: Hear Jen do comedy on MySpace
Hiring: Jen is available for corporate and private events as well as club bookings. She can work entirely clean, if desired. Previous corporate, charity, and fundraising events include the YWCA of New York Benefit Show, Fort Hamilton Army Base's Christmas Show, ASET's annual conference (for which Jen wrote entirely new jokes about --seriously -- electroneurodiagnostic monitoring), and Coffee with Conscience, a charity fundraising event run by Methodists in New Jersey. She will jump out of a cake for your birthday, but she will do it wearing clothes. Email jen [at] jenisfamous.com
Monday Evening Stand-Up at Pete's
Jen runs a twice-monthly comedy show at Pete's Candy Store in Williamsburg. Monday Evening Stand-Up at Pete's features five comics and free candy. No cover!
The show is every other Monday at 7:30, alternating with the Williamsburg Spelling Bee.
Jan 14 & 28
Feb 11 & 25
March 10 & 24
April 7 & 21
May 5 & 19
June 2, 16, & 30
July 14 & 28
Aug 11 & 25
Sept 8 & 22
Oct 6 & 20
Nov 3 & 17
Dec 1 & 15
Booking Information: The show is booked about three months in advance. About half of the comics are people I have performed with in other underground shows around town. The other half are people who have emailed asking to be booked. Such an email should ideally contain a link to your website, which contains some kind of audio or video. However, I have also booked people based on recommendations or even based on a clever piece of writing on McSweeney's. The very best way to get booked is to come see the show, get a feel for the room, introduce yourself, and then follow up with an email. Thanks!
Jen writes jokes and sometimes sells them to other comedians. She has a National Society of Newspaper Columnists Award in humor writing. Email jen-at-jenisfamous.com to inquire.
If you just want to read something funny, you might enjoy the (not safe for work) Sarcastic Sex Toy Blog.
"See what happens when Jennifer Dziura spanks someone with her lacrosse trophy!"
Click here for a free MP3 download of one of Jen's monologue performances: Milk [rated G]
Buy Jen's CD on iTunes (or click for audio samples)
The link above opens the iTunes application on your computer. You can also just type "jennifer dziura" into the iTunes search box. (The physical version of the CD was on sale at CDBaby, but is now sold out. However, the page is a good place to read reviews).