getbullish shop

My Trip to the Tierra Santa Biblical Theme Park in Buenos Aires, Argentina

February 1, 2009

I’m now safely back in New York and recovered from food poisoning. In fact, while still in Argentina, I managed to recover sufficiently to go on a field trip to Tierra Santa, Argentina’s Biblical theme park!

The park promised re-enactments of the Creation and the Last Supper, as well as the world’s largest animatronic Nativity in the world, and a 36-foot-tall animatronic Jesus that rises up out of a hill to the tune of the Hallelujah Chorus. I simply had to go.

img_5073.jpg

Outside the park, with Biblical camel.

img_5077.jpg

I didn’t catch what figure this was, but I liked the “No Smoking” sign. This is in the tunnel that leads to the world’s largest animated Nativity scene, also featuring a laser light show. For those who feel that Chuck E. Cheese should be more spiritual.

the-program.jpg

From the English version of the program.

img_5078.jpg

Maria (remember, God speaks Spanish here) being informed that hers is the Chosen Uterus.

img_5084.jpg

This way to La Creacion!

Here is a video of La Creacion! I like the part when the giraffe rolls in on a platform.

img_5094.jpg

This is a view of Adam and Eve in La Creacion! Dios dijo “EXISTO!”

img_5086.jpg

It was not totally clear why there was a Gandhi exhibit.

img_5103.jpg

I tried to pose as a Roman centurion, but it was too bright for me to keep my eyes open.

This is the theme park’s 36 foot tall animatronic Jesus. He rises, turns about 70 degrees, supinates his palms, and blinks.

Comments

10 Responses to “My Trip to the Tierra Santa Biblical Theme Park in Buenos Aires, Argentina”

1. Jen's Mom's Brother on February 2nd, 2009 3:49 am

Are you ” born again” now?

2. jen on February 2nd, 2009 3:53 am

Did my sarcasm drip insufficiently?

3. Jen's Mom's Brother on February 2nd, 2009 2:04 pm

No, more like a leaky faucet.

4. Vicki (Jen's Mom) on February 2nd, 2009 2:33 pm

I love your outfit, you look great in pink. Were you commemorating Edgar Allen Poe’s birth January 19th, 200 years ago? I was hooked on Poe way back in school……………………..He sat behind me in English class. (:

5. Blair on February 2nd, 2009 7:39 pm

“He rises, turns about 70 degrees, supinates his palms, and blinks.”

Yikes.

Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the uncanny, I will fear no android.”

6. Blair on February 2nd, 2009 7:45 pm

Yea, not yeah. Dang these sleepy afternoons.

7. Eve on February 4th, 2009 4:04 pm

hello! i’m sorry you got food poisoning and am glad you’re back!

8. B. Freret on February 6th, 2009 4:08 am

“You Must Be at Least THIS Tall to Ride La Creacion.”

9. Bullish: Money-Saving Tips That Don’t Involve Bread Bags or Baking Soda « : TheGloss - A gloss on beauty, fashion, style, love and more on September 23rd, 2010 1:58 pm

[...] cheapest cities also includes Tunis, Addis Ababa, Chennai, Kathmandu, and many more). I decamped to Buenos Aires for all of January, 2009, rented an apartment off Craigslist for the month, and made a profit on my [...]

10. Bullish: Money-Saving Tips That Don’t Involve Bread Bags or Baking Soda : GetBullish on July 21st, 2012 2:51 pm

[...] world’s cheapest cities also includes Tunis, Addis Ababa, Chennai, Kathmandu, and many more). I decamped to Buenos Aires for all of January, 2009, rented an apartment off Craigslist for the month, and made a profit on my [...]

Got something to say?